My Current Memory Verse

My Current Memory Verse: My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. ~Psalm 121:2~

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I survived the convention....barely!

Do you ever have one of those days where your kids prove to be smarter than you?
There I was the day after my birthday out of town with girlfriends at a homeschool convention and the stomach bug attacks me.... and HARD! Once I was able to lay down for a while, I was a little upset that my weekend was not going the way I had planned. I had the chance to talk to my kids and my dd says
"I'm so sorry that you got sick on your trip Mommy."
me: "I know, I am too."
dd: "But God has a purpose for it."
me: speechless for a moment...then "You're right."
dd: "What were you suppose to do today?"
me: "I was suppose to go to the convention and book fair."
dd: "Maybe there was something there that you weren't suppose to buy."
The conversation went on for a while after that, but the next day when I was able to go to the book fair, I kept hearing her sweet voice and avoided buying all kinds of things that were not necessary for us to do school. Thank you God for speaking the truth to me through my sweet girl!
I have purchased most of my curriculum for next year and will be using Heart of Dakota with both kids. Little Hearts for His Glory for ds who will be 5 and Preparing Hearts for His Glory for dd who will be 9. Still trying to determine what to use for Language Arts, Math, and Foreign Language (if we start it this year) for dd.
I'll try to post again soon. Hope you have a blessed day.

No comments:

Music