My Current Memory Verse

My Current Memory Verse: My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. ~Psalm 121:2~

Thursday, February 24, 2011

I'm humbled!

I was going to update you on my week some more, but God has shown me something I want to share before I forget. I was invited to our Sunday school's fellowship for the ladies and decided to go. I was looking forward to getting to know these women better, but had no idea what God had in store for me. We talked and talked, but then prayer time came and one of the ladies shared how busy her life seemed and that she really wanted to slow down. Several of the other ladies were in agreement with her, but they stated that they didn't know how to stop (not necessarily in those words). I sat there listening and then God showed me that I was not living that life, but that I was actually living the life, where I am spending time with my kids and husband. I don't have a busy schedule!! I said something to the effect of "I can tell you how to stop, but you won't want to do it...have your husband lose his job and then you stop, because you can't afford to do all of those things". WOW!! God showed me tonight that I who by American standards have nothing, I have everything! I know that doesn't make much sense, but I know some of these ladies have nice homes and cars and such, but my dh hasn't had a full-time job since the end of June 2009. We don't own a home, we rent. Our cars are not new, they are a 99 and a 04. And obviously with no job since 09 we don't have much monetarily. I don't even own a pair of jeans that fit that don't have holes in them. BUT I HAVE SO MUCH MORE!! I have peace that surpasses all understanding. In the midst of all that we are going through I have peace. Praise You Lord for what you have taught me over this past 2 years!! I love you and thank you that you have shown me that you love me no matter what I do! You have no list that I have to do to know that I am loved and beautiful in Your eyes! To think that what I thought I always wanted was the beautiful home and money to spare and really ALL I'VE EVER NEEDED OR TRULY DESIRED IS YOU!! I am humbled Lord that You would use me in any way to help these wonderful ladies to see that they are loved by You and they do not need to worry about giving their children every opportunity that passes by, when all their children truly want is their love and time. Help me Lord to only say and do the things You would have me to say and do to help these beautiful ladies to draw closer to Your heart and learn how much You love them just the way they are and that they can live out this verse even now. "You have circled this mountain long enough. Now turn north" Deuteronomy 2:3 NASB

1 comment:

Our Family for His Glory said...

Thank-you for sharing!! How true- even when it may seem we have so little- really we have so much more! God is good! Thank-you for your encouragement!
Jessica

Music