My Current Memory Verse

My Current Memory Verse: My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. ~Psalm 121:2~

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Our week!

We've been having some really productive school days here this week. I've recently changed to First Language Lessons and we are loving it! The script for me to read is so natural and if there is a word that I may not know how to pronounce, they supply the pronunciation the first time the word is presented for me.
For example:
Instructor: A pronoun is a word that takes the place of a noun. There is a special name for the noun that is replaced. It is called the antecedent (pronounced "an-tuh-SEE-dent").
Now all of you who knew that are laughing at me, but I found it comforting that I didn't have to hesitate and try to recall this word from WAY back in my school days in the middle of a lesson and make my daughter question my knowledge.
My son has been doing Little Hands to Heaven and I've added in some more alphabet fun. We mixed up some flash cards and then he told me each letter and the sound it makes. Then he put them all back in alphabetical order for me. Not much, but it is seems to build his confidence. In my book that's a winner!
I have to cut this short, because we are heading out to go to PE at our local college where they have a wonderful program for homeschoolers!!
Thanks for stopping by! :) I'll try to add more about our week later today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Music